Overview of BGIFT Institute of Science & Technology (BIST)
BGIFT Institute of Science & Technology, affiliated by National University was set up since 2008 and running very successfully. Under the National University BIST offered four years B.Sc. in (Hons.) degree, Subjects are- Apparel Manufacture & Technology (AMT), Fashion Design & Technology (FDT) and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) to meet the growing need for advanced education. BIST also affiliated by Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB). In this institute many students are studying in diploma in engineering courses in different subjects. Subjects are- Computer Technology, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, Civil Technology, Mechanical Technology, Automobile Technology, Power Engineering Technology, Textile Technology, Garments Design and Pattern making Technology. BIST frequently fortifies it's educational technique. At the very beginning the institute started its journey with few students and now the institute have above thousands of students. Till now it has produced about 800 graduates in various branches and they have all reached good positions. BIST is dedicated to the development of human resources for the readymade garment, textile and allied sectors of Bangladesh. The university aims to establish itself as a ‘center of excellence’ for study, research and development and to serve the nation.
BGIFT Institute of Science & Technology (BIST) envisions promoting professionals and excellent leadership catering to the technological progress and development needs of the country.
BGIFT Institute of Science & Technology (BIST) is committed to provide quality and excellent computer-based academic programs responsive to the emerging challenges of the time. It is dedicated to nurture and produce competent world class professional imbued with strong sense of ethical values ready to face the competitive world of arts, business, science, social science and technology.
Quality shall be adhered to in conformity with the prescribed national and international standards of quality and excellence including those provided by the professional bodies and organizations. The BGIFT Institute of Science & Technology is committed to translate into actions the programs, projects and activities related to the sustainable delivery of quality management operation system. The students being the valued customers are the central focus of the university shall be provided with utmost care and attention to meet their primordial needs and future career success. In view of this commitment, the university shall exert best efforts to harmonize its action through collaboration, cooperation and consultation with every unit and components of the university.
- Sustain development and progress of the university
- Continue to upgrade educational services and facilities responsive of the demands for change and needs of the society
- Inculcate professional culture among management, faculty and personnel in the attainment of the institution's vision, mission and goals
- Enhance research consciousness in discovering new dimensions for curriculum development and enrichment
- Implement meaningful and relevant community outreach programs reflective of the available resources and expertise of the university
- Establish strong networking of programs, sharing of resources and expertise with local and international educational institutions and organizations
- Accelerate the participation of alumni, students and professionals in the implementation of educational programs and development of projects designed to expand and improve global academic standards
Linkages and Networking
- Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)
- Skills For Employment Investment Program (SEIP)
- Bangladesh Association of Construction Industry (BACI)
- Skills and Employment Programme in Bangladesh (Sudokkho)
- Building Skills for Unemployed and Underemployed Labour (B-SkillFUL)
- Affiliated by National University.
- Affiliated by Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB)