Faculty Of Fashion Design & Technology(FDT)
I am honored to serve as a Department head of Fashion design & Technology at BGIFT Institute of Science & Technology (BIST) since July 18, 2020. I, together with my fellow Members of my department are aware of, and committed to our responsibilities and duties. As a Dept. Head I will do whatever is in the best interest of the University and well fare of our students. I believe that we can be successful and achieve our goals of real transition.
Reade More →
About Fashion design:
When we hear the word "fashion", we see a picture of many kinds of clothes, bags, shoes and many kinds of accessories. There is a huge world involved with the word "fashion". Every person has different tastes and preferences. A person's nobility is reflected in his dressup & getup .
The second place of our basic needs is "clothing" which means "dress". We love to keep ourselves tidy. The first and one of the best steps to keep ourselves tidy is dressing. We wear accessories to match the garment to make it more attractive.
Dressing is different, depending on the occasion, age and culture. And all these things are combined to create fashion. The combination of season, dress category, and dress type is a fashion creation of a culture. Fashion is constantly changing.
In shortly described, What is "Fashion"
"Fashion is about expressing one's preferences in a certain time, in a certain place and in a certain context. This preference is manifested in one's lifestyle, dressing, footwear, accessories, makeup, hairstyle and body posture."
Fashion Design & Technology(FDT) Nowadays is one of the most fruitful and demandable courses not only in Bangladesh but also throughout the world. The aim of this course is to assure the students about the overall concept of Fashion Design. Fashion Design starts with fiber and ends with making dresses. Hand sketch, Digital sketch,Draping, pattern, cutting, sewing, finishin, fashion accessory, fashion history and present situation of fashion market etc. Everything will be in this course. In a word,the concept of everything from the beginning to the end about fashion design will be clear in this course.
The foremost objective of this program is to ensure world class education for our students both theoretically and practically according to world demand. Students not only learn the concepts of Fashion Designing but also they can visualize and understand practically the demand of their sector. To cope up with the latest technologies and developments we provide the best topics of nowadays like fashion concept, pattern, sewing,clothing materials and techniques, brand management, consumption and costing, Basic design and developments, data mining, material sourcing and overall concept and workings of Fashion Design & Technology
1. Learn the Basic concepts of Fashion Design theoretically and practically
2. Obtain practical knowledge about, Hand sketch and Digital sketch purpose of Fashion Design.
3.Introduce to Draping to demonstrate in pattern paper to final dress.
4. Obtain practical knowledge about the basic concept of every type of pattern.
5.Obtain knowledge On Pattern making and Pattern grading.
6. Obtain practical knowledge about the Industrial sewing machines, how to sew, to know how to assemble part of dress and dress completely finished, ready to wear.
7. Learn the basic concept of Computer Aided Design (CAD) (using software Lectra, Garber etc.).It gains another practical knowledge.
8. Obtain knowledge on product development on illustrator and basic knowledge on Graphics Design.
9. Gain basic lessons about surface ornamentation, Block- Batik and Printing and Hand painting
10. Learn the basic concept of knitwear.
11.Learn the basic concept of Fashion Accessories Making (Hat, Shoes, Jewelry, Ladies bags and others fashion ornaments)
12. Obtain practical knowledge about clothing materials and techniques to produce them according to buyer’s demand.
13. Acquire knowledge about consumption and costing and visit factories to learn this from factory merchandisers with the help of this Industry
14. Gather deep knowledge about fashion designing, fashion forecasting, product development and portfolio.
15.Observe and think about the total working diagram of a Merchandiser.
16. Gain lessons about the present situation of fashion design and the fashion market.
17.In addition to the lectures, seminar courses, internships and projects you attend, our well-equipped laboratories also provide you with many opportunities to work on our state-of-the-art machinery and equipment for hands-on experience, and of course, opportunities for research.
1. A student should have at least second division or minimum GPA of 2.5 in both SSC & HSC examinations or a minimum GPA of 2.00 in SSC or in HSC, combined total being not lower than 6.00.
2. A student must have at least 5 subjects in O Level with GPA 2.50 and 2 subjects in A Level with GPA 2.0 (in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1).
Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in HSC /A Level.
After completion of this course the Students will join in Any Garments Factor, Buying House and Fashion House as a Designer, Product developer and Merchandiser.Even students will choose teaching profession.Nowadays a good teacher is most demanded for the FDT Department and so on not only in Bangladesh but also throughout the world. And most importantly students can choose their career as an entrepreneur by building their own Fashion house or Boutique house
Why we Should Study In BIST:
- SEIP, NSDA & Various Govt. Projects, Free Garments industry-based training
- Opportunity to Become a Faculty Member / Trainer
- Skilled & professional faculty
- IT focused
- Skill development/ certification
- Part time job facilities for students
- Spoken English Course free
- Politics free institution
- Nonsmoking Campus
- Scholarship facilities for meritorious and poor students
- Indoor games facilities
- Whole campus is under CC TV.